Tourist rental is of great importance in Sotogrande, as many owners choose this option to make the most of their property.
For this reason, we feel it is important to highlight the legal requirements in Andalusia to be able to exploit your property as a tourist accommodation. The Autonomous Communities are competent to legislate on this matter.
Tourist rentals are considered to be regular rentals for periods of less than two months through tourist services channels. The typical channels of tourist offer are real estate agencies, online platforms such as Airbnb, websites, etc.
It is necessary and mandatory to apply for and obtain the corresponding administrative authorisation/licence in order to rent out your property for tourism purposes.
Decree 28/2016 establishes the following requirements:
- To hold an occupancy licence, and to comply with the technical and quality conditions required of the dwellings at all times.
- The rooms must have direct ventilation to the outside or to patios and a system for darkening the windows.
- They must be sufficiently furnished and equipped with the appliances and fittings necessary for their immediate use and in accordance with the number of lodgings available.
- A first aid kit.
- To have tourist information, in physical or electronic formats, about the area, leisure zones, restaurants and cafés, shops and food points, the car parks closest to the property, medical services in the area, means of urban transport, a map of the town and a guide to shows and events.
- All homes will have Complaints and Claims Forms available to users, and a poster indicating them in a visible place inside the home.
- Cleaning of the dwelling on arrival and departure of guests.
- Bed linen, towels, household goods in general, depending on the occupation of the property and a replacement set.
- Provide users with a telephone number for immediate assistance and resolution of any queries or incidents relating to the property.
- To provide users with information and operating instructions for electrical appliances or other devices that require it for their correct use.
- To inform users of the internal rules regarding the use of the installations, rooms, and equipment of the property, as well as the admission and presence of pets in the property, restrictions for smokers and restricted use areas.
It is also important to note the tax obligations. While legal entities and individuals resident in Spain will declare the income obtained in their respective corporate income tax or personal income tax returns, non-resident legal entities and individuals are obliged to file quarterly returns.